In this article you will learn more about the Red-White-Red Card in Austria, including benefits, requirements and application procedures.
The Red-White-Red Card in Austria is a special type of residence permit that allows third-country nationals and their family members to live and work in Austria. The card offers many benefits, including the ability to move around other EU countries (without a permanent residence permit), as well as access to social benefits and healthcare. In this article we will take a closer look at the Red-White-Red Card and explain how to apply for it.
Advantages of the Red-White-Red Card:
- Free movement within the EU
- Access to social services and health care
- Possibility to settle permanently in Austria
Requirements for applying for the Red-White-Red Card:
- Valid passport or identity card
- Proof of specific employment-related activity in Austria or self-employment that meets certain criteria
- Proof of adequate accommodation and sufficient financial resources
- Bridging health insurance
- No criminal record
Application procedure for the red-white-red card:
- Verification of compliance of requirements with individual circumstances
- Filling out the application form
- Submitting the required documents, including proof of employment and accommodation (usually through the Austrian embassy).
- Payment of the application fee
- Processing of the application by one of the state governments or a magistrate’s office
- Decision on the approval or rejection of the application
Frequently asked questions about the Red-White-Red card:
Can I work with the Red-White-Red Card in other EU countries?
No, the RWR card only entitles the holder to work for a defined employer in Austria. After 2 years, a change of employer is possible in the course of the RWR card plus without having to submit a new application. Taking up work in another (e.g. bordering) EU state requires a separate permit from the state in question.
Do I need a separate health insurance if I live in Austria with the Red-White-Red Card?
No, if you live and work in Austria with the Red-White-Red Card, you are entitled to and can use the Austrian health insurance under the state social security system. However, interim private health insurance is required as a stop-gap measure during the application process.
How long does it take to get my Red-White-Red card?
The processing time for a Red-White-Red Card application varies and depends on several factors, such as the current workload of the processing authorities. However, it generally takes about 2-3 months for a decision to be made on an application.
Red-White-Red Card: A unique opportunity to live and work in Austria.
The Red-White-Red Card is an excellent tool for you and your family members to live and work in Austria. It opens up a wide range of opportunities in various industries, from IT to arts and culture. This card offers numerous advantages for skilled workers and companies in Austria. It allows free movement within the EU, access to social benefits and health care, and the option to settle permanently in Austria. Overall, the Red-White-Red Card is an important step towards an open and global society that values talent and expertise from around the world.
If you meet the requirements and successfully complete the application process, you will quickly enjoy the many benefits offered by the Red-White-Red Card. At ERVICo, we can help you successfully complete the application process and provide you with all the information you need about the requirements and benefits of the Red-White-Red Card. We regularly keep up to date with the latest regulations to ensure that all necessary steps are taken to obtain the card.